arrows

arrows

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Life these daze






















































These days, I feel a bit stuck. Maybe it’s the summer air calling me away from my swept under the table to-do-lists, or it's just a stage in my life that is challenging me to make some change. Every day when the sun disappears into the night and the moon greets us with a glowing hello, I light an incense and reflect on the simple moments; moments that were present and pure: a smile from a passing stranger, a real conversation with a friend, a song that brought an unexpected sensation of satisfaction. I live for these moments of raw presence; the ones you don't realize are so beautiful until you reflect upon them.

I am a dedicated daydreamer, so I spend A LOT of time reflecting and planning for what I want to do next (career/in life wise). But lately, I just feel weirdly stuck. When will I get a callback for a job? Do I stay living in Long Beach? Where do I see myself being happy? I feed off of people's energy and crave to feel a part of a community and I am not sure if I have found my match yet.

Change is constant. If we are not changing, growing, evolving, then we are not being active/productive beings. I thrive from reaching goals and experiencing that feeling of accomplishment when you surprise yourself of your own capabilities. It’s amazing. We are given a fresh, new slate each and every day when the sun rises. When the moon appears tonight, I’ll look toward the sky and remind myself, “I am capable of anything I set my mind to”. And so are you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment